combines the very best in contemporary classroom practice with stimulating topics aimed at teenagers and young adults. The course covers every part of the PET exam in detail, providing preparation, practice, information and advice to ensure that students are fully prepared for every part of the exam. Informed by Cambridge’s unique searchable database of real exam scripts, the Cambridge Learner Corpus, and providing both an official PET past exam paper from Cambridge ESOL as well as a PET for Schools practice test and answer key (available online), Complete PET is the most authentic exam preparation course available. For further information and to book your FREE intro lesson contact James HERE
Who is this book for
Complete PET is a stimulating and thorough preparation course for students who wish to take the Preliminary English Test from Cambridge ESOL. It teaches you the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills which are necessary for the exam as well as essential grammar and vocabulary. For those who are not planning to take the exam in the near future, the book provides skills and language highly relevant to an intermediate level of English [Common European Framework (CEF) level Bl).
What the book contains
In the Student’s Book there are:
• 12 units for classroom study. Each unit contains:
• one part of each of the three papers in the PET exam. The units provide language input and skills practice to help you deal successfully with the tasks in each part.
• essential information on what each part of the exam involves, and the best way to approach each task.
• a wide range of enjoyable and stimulating speaking activities designed to increase your fluency and your ability to express yourself.
• a step-by-step approach to doing PET Writing tasks.
• grammar activities and exercises for the grammar you need to know for the exam. When you are doing grammar exercises you will sometimes see this symbol: (•). These exercises are based on research from the Cambridge Learner Corpus and they
deal with the areas which often cause problems for students in the exam.
• vocabulary necessary for PET. When you see this
symbol (•} by a vocabulary exercise, the exercise
focuses on words which PET candidates often
confuse or use wrongly in the exam.
• Six unit reviews. These contain exercises which revise the grammar and vocabulary that you have studied in each unit.
• Speaking and Writing reference sections. These explain the possible tasks you may have to do in the Speaking and Reading and Writing papers, and they give you examples together with additional exercises and advice on how best to approach these PET papers.
• A Grammar reference section which clearly explains all the main areas of grammar which you will need to know for the PET exam.
Contact James to book your FREE intro lesson NOW
James is a very professional teacher with whom i recommend to work 100%.
I had several goals before we start
1 – resume my English communication skills after almost a 10-year break
2 – not to afraid to speak because of the possible grammar mistakes
3 – expand my vocabulary to continue working in consulting business all over the world
And during our lessons we archived it on 100%, 100% and 70% now and “work in progress”.
Advantages of working with James:
– Native speaker – faster progress
– Very extensive work experience and professional approach is felt thanks to this
– Personal training materials, which are constantly improving and progressing
– Very diverse tips on how to progress independently in between classes
– It is always a pleasure to work with a person who understands his mission
– James’ interest in student development is always felt
I highly recommend working and have progressed in English with James!
We have been working with Jimmi since October 2021. He is an excellent teacher who is ready to adapt to your wishes. We had excellent and productive IELTS preparation classes and had wonderful conversational classes where we discussed various topics and our hobbies. It turned out that Jimmi loves music and Formula 1, just like me. Classes are fun and fruitful!
“Смело могу рекомендовать James кака репетитора английского языка.
Открытый и доброжелательный человек. Общение идет только на английском, так как другого языка он не знает. Объясняет все доходчиво и понятно. Преподаватель адаптирует стили ведения урока под знания ученика, знаю так как мой сын также учился у James.
Нет напряжения и отношения- я учитель, ты ученик. С James ты изучаешь настоящий английский –английский.
После 2,5 лет в международной школе у 12- летнего сына был приличный уровень английского, поэтому когда мы прервали обучение там, стали искать репетитора “native speaker”. Джимми Монк стал настоящей находкой для нас! Два урока в неделю по скайпу в течение года позволили не только сохранить набранный уровень, но и существенно продвинуться в лексике. Очень важно, что сын слышал от учителя “настоящий британский английский”, не отягощенный акцентом.
Через год, вернувшись в международную школу, сын смог успешно сдать вступительный тест и не испытывал значительных сложностей в общении с преподавателями и своими позврослевшими англоговорящими одноклассниками. Спасибо Джимми за это!
Polina Mark and Kira
When I started learning English with James my speaking skills were so poor, that I asked him to work on General English instead of Marketing. I felt very uncomfortable while speaking. Months were passing by, James was providing me with such complex topics, which I almost never speak about in Russian. I struggled with discussing them. But in 3 months I was able to easily go through a job interview! I haven’t even realised when I became such confident! And James provided me with useful idioms, such expressions that natives use, like “I’m in between jobs” instead of “I don’t work currently”. Also, I want to mention that James is an incredibly interesting person to talk to! He has more than 20 years of travelling experience and so many brilliant stories to tell from there! So I’m very happy that I could learn from him!
Business English was what I wanted, But not just business I wanted pacifically Law. And James organized a perfect course for me and gave me all the vocabulary and grammar used for law. We studied for 6 months. What I like about James is he will just do things as and when needed. We work on my pronunciation and fluency and confidence It only took 6 months to get my fluency perfect. James is a great language coach and I advise anyone that choosing James would be the right decision. Really thank you, James